Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The One with the What-if's !

‘I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference’ - RF

What if I had chosen not to go for that camp?
What if I had not accepted that friend’s request?
What if I had declined the invitation to sit next to him in the bus?
What if I had not smiled back the first time he smiled at me?
What if I had not ended up sitting next to her the first day of college?
What if I had listened to him and been an Engineer instead?
What if I had not found the courage to defy them?
What if she had not moved in near me at the hostel?
What if I had been prejudiced and stayed aloof?
What if I hadn’t replied to the first mail?
What if I had taken the job offer?
What if I had not had the guts to break up?
What if I had decided to stay?
What if it were not for the eBook? ( :D)
What if I hadn’t picked up the phone that night?
What if I had not said YES?
What if I had not given him a chance?
What if I had not let go?



As we grow older, we realize life is a series of ‘What-if’s’. And it was entirely our choice that brought us to where we are now. I have learnt not to regret anything I did because at one point in my life, I was sure it was the best thing to do. As I look back on my life, I would say, but not with a sigh, I took the road less traveled by and it has made all the difference. Maybe my life has not even been close to perfect, I have not done everything right, not taken the best decisions, but I’m glad I took all those chances, I’m glad I had all those good times. I am happy I met YOU, I am relieved I let go off you, I am pleased I let YOU stay, I am grateful YOU are a part of my life and YOU, I don’t give a rat’s ass bout you :P The pleasure has always been mine :D

No comments: